Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Note to self: after being sick for a week and still having a cough, you will NOT, I repeat NOT, be able to pick up doing the 90 minutes of cardio where you left off. I slogged through 45 minutes just now and wanted to die while doing that. AND because my gym is the only gym on EARTH with non-working equipment in the new year, I couldn't do the machines I wanted in the order I wanted. (First World Problems.) But ya know what? About the crowded gym and machines? All these people that like go to the gym often bitch about how crowded the gym is right now. To those people I say: STFU. I mean. Really. Let's say half the U.S. makes a new years resolution to lose weight. And of those half a quarter join the gym. And of that 1/4 maybe...what...5%? stick with it past the month of January. So to that 5% I say ROCK ON! Good for you! I can handle the gym being a little crowded for a bit so you can have at it. I'm also hoping to be with that 5% this year so all you naturally skinny, genetically blessed, gym rats can suck it. Good for you, fatties! /rant

Yesterday I woke up still sick. And I was annoyed that I was still sick. I ate some oatmeal, felt ridiculously tired still and said, "Fuck it. I'm just going to sleep until I wake up not feeling sick." This worked until 2 p.m. when my mom came home and wanted to know why the hell I was still asleep. I woke up for a bit then but mostly laid in bed miserable. I ate a little bit of dinner, watched the Sugar Bowl, and then laid in bed before taking 2 Tylenol PM and going to bed at midnight (reasonable for me). And lo! I woke up feeling infinitely better. But still with a cough, which is more annoying than anything.

So today:
3 pieces of bacon, 2 eggs, 2 pieces of toast
Ginger Ale
Tuna with mayonnaise and red onions on 6 crackers
For dinner is roast chicken and veggies, I believe, maybe potatoes? I'll try not to gorge myself on dessert tonight but who knows.

45 minutes of cardio at the gym.
15 walking
5 jogging
10 of hell on the elliptical that is not the one I usually use
15 minutes on the trike

Tomorrow: We go a little further, a little faster, and eat a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment