Sunday, December 19, 2010

So...

I decided to start an offshoot blog. Because no one who reads the regular stories of my life wants to hear about my battle with my waistline. IT'S FUCKING BORING! Even for me. But in an attempt to keep myself honest about it all, and to chart my successes, I wanted, nay needed, to write about it. (Sing it with me: We're living in a narcissistic world, and I am a narcissistic girl!)

Mostly I figure this will be a daily log of what I ate and my little victories. And even of my setbacks and my general plaintive whining about how much trying to lose weight sucks. I titled the blog how we all generally feel about this topic.

So we begin with yesterday wherein I ate Tyson frozen chicken wing strips for lunch with ranch dressing, had a 2 Dr Pepper kinda day, and had sausage and noodles for dinner. Sausage and noodles is a family stir fry thing. Who knows where it came from. It's stir fried veggies with Hillshire farms kilbasa sliced up until everything is al dente, then served over egg noodles. Not glamourous but tasty. I came home and ate the rest of my chocolate covered caramel apple from Disney World. My Saturday nights are HELLA exciting, yo.

But more to the point: I killed it at the gym. KILLED IT. I did 40 straight minutes on the elliptical at a resistance of 10 for 475 calories and 4.1 miles. Usually I pause at the 20 minute mark and then the 30 minute mark. Last night I did not. After that I got on the treadmill and walked. I did that for 30 minutes, even jogging for a couple of minutes, for something like 230 calories. Stretched after that for a good ten minutes before hitting the rowing machine (erg) for 10 minutes/2k meters/100 calories. Then finished off with 15 minutes on the bike for another 100 calories.

I think that's the hardest straight through work out I've done ever. And honestly? I think I could have done more.

And apparently the gym IS where the cool kids hang out on Saturday night, as my cousin was there. And not some play cousin like crazy southern people have but like my mom's sister's kid ACTUAL first cousin. Kinda funny. I think having him there worked as peer pressure though and is why I could kill it. I usually say I did 90 minutes of cardio, fudging the numbers a bit, but for the past couple workouts, I've actually been doing 90 minutes of cardio. I don't know where I got the kick in the ass I needed but we've definitely ratcheted up the workouts. We're gonna continue doing that and I need to work on getting from the safety of the elliptical to seeing if I can actually start jogging for stretches of time. I used to, when I hated the elliptical and loved the treadmill, but now things have changed. Time to change them again.

I didn't drink my daily Dr Pepper today, trying to balance out having two yesterday and I'm skipping the gym tonight. My head feels like it is in a vice grip (thanks, sinuses!) and I'm meeting with the trainer tomorrow so I figure giving myself a rest would be a good idea. Instead I baked today, as it's holiday bake-a-thon 2010! But if you want to read about that, go check out the real blog.

Looking forward to seeing my trainer tomorrow, who I haven't seen in 3 weeks, and seeing how I do with the core/sprint stuff. Weather permitting...

No comments:

Post a Comment