Friday, June 24, 2011

Alright...

I've hit a dieting plateau. And as it is PISSING ME OFF, I've decided to reinstate this here very boring blog and see where I am going wrong/what further changes we can make.

10 a.m.-ish 1 banana
1 p.m.-ish Chorizo breakfast scramble at Stack's: chorizo, scambled eggs, cheese, olives, salsa, sour cream (no more than 2 tbsp), guacamole. Side of hash browns (Which weren't that good and if they aren't that good, I need to remember not to eat them. Bad, Lisa! I'm trying to stay away from potatoes in general but this is effing difficult. I love the suckers. I think moderation is the tactic to take but damn how I love them so! WHY DOES EVERYTHING I LIKE HAVE TO BE BAD FOR ME?!)
6:45 p.m. 5 lamb chops, broiled with a breadcumb and mustard crust. Roasted carrots and cauliflower.

9:00: Gym: 30 minutes elliptical at ten resistance for 360 calories. 10m30 rowing for 2k meters, 107 calories. Stretching. I didn't really push myself at the gym. I should have run. But it's a Friday night and despite that many of the treadmills were full and I just couldn't stand to be there anymore.

I pondered getting on the scale tonight at the gym but as my mood was hovering somewhere around raging hell bitch, I decided I best forego that particular experience for another time. I could imagine it being soul crushingly disappointing. I know, muscle weight more than fat blah blah. And: secret: I used to be a full size 20. 20. I am now comfortably an 18 and fit in some 16s. I'd like to be a 14 by the end of the summer. Theoretically, a dress size is ten pounds so really that's 20 pounds. Let's push for that.

Since my trainer moved to Thailand, I have been doing the core stuff that makes me strong and kickass not at all. I need to do some ondemand of that. I'll make that a goal for this weekend and then try to incorporate that in at least twice a week. Deal? I also need a training partner. Someone to make me push it a little bit harder and faster on each workout. I'm thinking of asking my cousin but we'll see... If anyone else would like to volunteer, let me know.

And lastly:
10:30 p.m.: 4 swigs of Dr Pepper out of a 2 liter bottle. Here's the deal: I'm giving up soda. I am. For serious. Today was the 4th day without it. Well, until... I know it's bad for you. It's straight awful. But I LOVE Dr Pepper. And not that this is an excuse because we should never use food as an excuse or a comfort but I was in an awful mood today. AWFUL. Blame my mother. Or blame my hormones. Whatever. Anyway, last weekend when I was at the beach house, I bought a 2L of the stuff and left some of it in the fridge. When I arrived here just now, sweaty from my workout and still not in the best of moods, before I opened the fridge I thought, "If it's still here, I'm drinking some!" And lo, there it was. I was gonna drink it all. There's not much left in the bottle. But I took four swigs (yes, from the bottle), satiated myself, feel better, and am good with that. It's akin to eating a square of chocolate, right? So yes, soda is empirically awful for you. But sometimes? I think I just need a goddamn Dr Pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment